Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Last Summer Project



So my boss got so excited about all the projects I was working on and see how well I was able to execute all of them, she brought me over to one area of the library where there were three pillars and she told me I was completely free to do whatever I wanted to these pillars. So I thought of using quotes on reading and adding to scenes from childhood tales or stories. I also have always admired the style of the vintage silhouettes, so I tried that style. It turned out great, took a bit longer and more experimenting then I thought I was getting into but I am happy how they turned out and also I heard that many of the librarians were fighting over who would get them when they are taken down at the end of the semester.



I love the story of Cinderella, that and it was fun designing out her dress.



I had to have an image for the guys, so here it is, taken straight from the story of sleeping beauty, at least the Disney version.



This last image I just loved because it was just fun to do and the story of Alice is so readily recognizable. Later one librarian told me that I should illustrate a whole children's book in this style and she already promised she would buy it. I really do love this style but I am trying to perfect another, you never know where life will take you.

1 comment: